Welcome to Putnam Hockey Association 2022-2023 season. We are looking forward to another exciting season!
PHA will be fielding teams at the Mite, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam, and Midget levels, as well as our Mini Mite program.
Please read the following important information before proceeding with the online registration process. You can email us at
if you have any questions about how to register.
There are two separate registration programs for players at each team level. Team eligibility is determined by your player's birth year as shown below. Please make sure your player is registered to the correct program.
- Minimites (2016 and younger)
- Mites (1/1/2014-12/31/2015)
- Squirts (1/1/2012-12/31/2013)
- Peewees (1/1/2010-12/31/2011)
- Bantams (1/1/2008-12/31/2009)
- Midgets (1/1/2005-12/31/2007)
Players returning to (or played with PHA in the past) are to be registered under the "Returning Player" programs.
New PHA Players:
Players new to PHA must be registered under the "New Player" programs.
New players will automatically be waitlisted until the registration period for our returning players closes.
New players (Squirts, Peewees, Bantams, and Midgets) are required to attend an on-ice session and be evaluated by our coaches before being placed on teams. The evaluation fee is $50. Payment is due prior to the start of the evaluation. Payments can be made by cash/check or by credit card in our team store.
USA Hockey Requirement:
All players must be registered with USA Hockey in order to play with PHA. Returning players must be re-registered with USA Hockey on an annual basis. You will be prompted to enter a valid USA Hockey number for your player during the online registration process - so please have your number ready before registering.
Go to USA Hockey Registration page. Click on the "Register Now" button and follow the instructions provided.
**** 5 week Summer Ice Skills Training Included ***
All skaters registered on a team will be able to take advantage of our Summer skills and drills ice time at the South Kent School and/or Brewster Ice Arena. This is now included with your paid tuition.
- Players will be required to provide a valid 2022-2023 USA Hockey number. Please visit www.usahockeyregistration.com to register your player.
- Online registration must be completed, and there is a $300 non-refundable registration fee that will be applied to your tuition costs at the time of registration.
- Per USA Hockey regulations, only 18 skaters and 2 goalies will be rostered on any team. Final roster numbers will be determined by PHA.
- Our Midget program is a split season program. This is an opportunity for our older players to continue to play competitive hockey from July through November, before their High School seasons get underway. The Midget program anticipates playing 20 games (approximately 10 home and 10 away). The majority of practices and home games will be held at South Kent and Brewster Ice Arena until mid-October when some activities may move to TP.
Registration questions? Please email
Payment questions? Please email
Fees for 2022-2023 are:
- Mini Mites - $550
- Mites - $1,840
- Squirts - $2,195
- Pee Wees - $2,195
- Bantams - $2,445
- Midgets - TBD
- Goalie – Dedicated goalie players will receive half price tuition from Pee Wee level up. Tuition includes goalie specific training.
What's included with your tuition?
- 4 week summer pre-season skills clinic at South Kent School and/or Brewster Ice Arena
- On-ice practices from September through early March. Typically two one-hour practices per week
- Games from September to March – Both home and away
- Two mid-season tournament, at PHA’s discretion (not including lodging costs)
- End of season CT State Tournaments (not including lodging costs)
- Mite and Mini Mite game and practice schedule may vary
Above applies to Mites through Bantams. Jerseys and socks must be purchased separately at all levels and are not included in tuition fees.
Sibling discounts will be applied to the lower costs programs first.
Sibling discounts for siblings on teams in the program are 10% for the second. First player pays full registration fee. 10% referral discount for Mites and up. Sibling discounts cannot be applied to Goalie positions - discount is already taken.
New Recruit Discount: Help recruit a new player (Mite and up) and receive a 10% discount against the league fees for your child. Limit is two discounts per family. If you have multiple children in the program the discount will be applied against the costs for your child with the highest league fee. You must be a current member in good standing of the PHA.
The Putnam Hockey Board is committed to making minimal changes to the 2022-2023 season, however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all dates and scheduling are subject to change based on State and Federal mandates: including the CT Hockey Conference and USA Hockey.